Networker

Re: [Networker] Basic NDMP question

2005-06-28 16:29:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] Basic NDMP question
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:28:49 -0400
On Jun 28, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Michael Coxe wrote:

I don't know why I don't know the answer to this.
I should...but don't.

In the following basic NDMP configuration:

        NDMP
Legato        NAS w/NDMP
server        Support
                 |-------direct attached
                         tape jukebox

Does the tape jukebox have to support NDMP?
Or can it be a non-NDMP SCSI jukebox?

Michael,

Since your jukebox is connected via SCSI to the NAS device, the biggest compatibility issue is between your NAS device and the jukebox's devices. There is no "NDMP" or "non-NDMP" jukebox in the sense you are thinking of. Your NAS vendor would need to offer support for the jukebox and its tape drives in an NDMP environment. Check with your NAS vendor for hardware compatibility. You should also check the software compatibility guide on Legato's web site, as this issue does depend on the NetWorker version you are using as well as the NAS OS version.