Networker

[Networker] Install nw 7.2 on windows 2000 sp 5

2005-06-23 05:49:33
Subject: [Networker] Install nw 7.2 on windows 2000 sp 5
From: Eva van Goor <evgoor AT ISIT DOT NL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 11:47:20 +0200
Hi,

We try to install networker 7.2 on a windows 2000 client with sp 5.
The installation fails when it tries to start the nsrdexecd service.
After this has failed, the installation is rolled back.
The backup server is a solaris 2.9 server with networker 7.2 already
installed. Installing the client software on a solaris client did not
bring any problems.
We use a local administrator account and also have tried a different
one, just to be sure. We disabled anti virus software and other
software.

Are there more people with this experience and what could I try to solve
this problem. Any help is appriciated.

Thanks in advance,

Eva van Goor