Networker

Re: [Networker] Quickie Windows nwadmin question

2005-06-20 18:34:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] Quickie Windows nwadmin question
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 16:33:13 -0600
In  the windows GUI go to:

Options -> Customize

check all the options there.

Then you have to re-start nwadmin for the changes to take effect.

regards,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:26:47AM -0400, Stanley Horwitz wrote:
> I am trying to teach a colleague how to troubleshoot failed NetWorker
> backups. My colleague's a Windows guy. I am a Unix guy. I have set up
> our NetWorker 7.1.3 server on Solaris 9 to give my colleague full
> management authority on it. For the most part, that option works well
> for us. One thing I noticed about NetWorker's Windows  Administration
> GUI is that it seems to lack a group details window, like the one
> that's offered in the Unix nwadmin GUI. I find the group details
> window to be very useful and I am wondering if anyone on this list
> can tell me how to access the same information via the Windows Admin
> GUI.

I don't use the Windows admin GUI that often, but I think if you right
click on the group in the list, you can view the same properties/info as
the group details window.

> On the other hand, the ability of NetWorker's Windows Administrator
> GUI to display a list of client entries that are members of a given
> group would be a welcome edition on the Unix platform. Hopefully, all
> the features of each NetWorker Admin GUI will be available across
> platforms with the next version.

>From the unix command line, I use a helper script that uses nsradmin to
show all the clients in a given group.  (Give it a client and it lists
the groups the client is in; give it a group and it lists the clients in
that group.)  I admit I was surprised when I found the group client
listing in the Windows admin GUI - something like that is missing
natively in the unix environment.

Dave

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.