Networker

Re: [Networker] Quickie Windows nwadmin question

2005-06-20 18:13:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Quickie Windows nwadmin question
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:10:23 -0500
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 11:26:47AM -0400, Stanley Horwitz wrote:
> I am trying to teach a colleague how to troubleshoot failed NetWorker
> backups. My colleague's a Windows guy. I am a Unix guy. I have set up
> our NetWorker 7.1.3 server on Solaris 9 to give my colleague full
> management authority on it. For the most part, that option works well
> for us. One thing I noticed about NetWorker's Windows  Administration
> GUI is that it seems to lack a group details window, like the one
> that's offered in the Unix nwadmin GUI. I find the group details
> window to be very useful and I am wondering if anyone on this list
> can tell me how to access the same information via the Windows Admin
> GUI.

I don't use the Windows admin GUI that often, but I think if you right
click on the group in the list, you can view the same properties/info as
the group details window.

> On the other hand, the ability of NetWorker's Windows Administrator
> GUI to display a list of client entries that are members of a given
> group would be a welcome edition on the Unix platform. Hopefully, all
> the features of each NetWorker Admin GUI will be available across
> platforms with the next version.

>From the unix command line, I use a helper script that uses nsradmin to
show all the clients in a given group.  (Give it a client and it lists
the groups the client is in; give it a group and it lists the clients in
that group.)  I admit I was surprised when I found the group client
listing in the Windows admin GUI - something like that is missing
natively in the unix environment.

Dave