Networker

Re: [Networker] Restore questions

2005-06-16 20:20:34
Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore questions
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 20:18:14 -0400
---- Original message ----
>Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:46:15 -0500
>From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
>Subject: Re: [Networker] Restore questions
>To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
>
>Stan (or anyone),
>
>Questions, comments interspersed below.
>
>Thanks, Dave
>
>David Werth
>Garmin AT, Inc
>Salem, Oregon
>dave.werth AT garmin DOT com

Dave, each time NetWorker goes to recover a file, it has to query its databases?
So, how long this takes depends on the number of files that need to be
recovered.
For a large number of files, more than say around 10K, you might see a
significantly
faster recover time in a DR situation.

Other factors can influence the recover speed too, such as your network
bandwidth
and the type of storage you are recovering too, as well as the HBA that is used
to connect the storage to the client.

Frankly though, questions like this are why recover testing is so important.