Networker

[Networker] RE : [Networker] ClientPak for Unix?

2005-06-13 12:13:06
Subject: [Networker] RE : [Networker] ClientPak for Unix?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 18:09:29 +0200
You need a client pak for Unix :

Case 1 your server is windows and if you want to backup any Unix (Sun, HPux, HP
Tru64, AIX) then
you need a client pak for unix because platform of backup server is not the
same than the one of the clients.
Linux clients need linux client pak.

Case 2 your server is a Unix (one of the above one) and as far as you backup
same OS than your backup server, no client pak for Unix is required. As soon as
you backup one of them that is different OS than backup server, Unix client pak
is required. Same for Linux and Windows clients.

On top of that, after granting OS technology licensing, you need to have enough
client connection or cluster client connection (if your client is a clustered
node and even you do not backup the clustered resources) and eventually
per module license (oracle, sap, .... what may be tiered on #CPU -windows-)

HTH,

Th