Networker

Re: [Networker] ClientPak for Unix?

2005-06-08 12:09:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] ClientPak for Unix?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:08:04 -0700
> A ClientPak license is to backup anything that is not the same "class"
> (class and/or platform would be used *very* losely) as the server.  So,
> our backup server is Irix, thus without a ClientPak license, I can
> backup Irix, Solaris, HPUX, AIX.  I need a ClientPak license for Windows
> and Linux (which are my other two platforms I backup.)
>
> If you have a Unix (Irix, Solaris, HPUX, AIX) based backup server, you
> do not need the "ClientPak for Unix."

Then this is a change from the past.  It used to be that Solaris could
not back up any other UNIX without the clientpak.

https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0202&L=NETWORKER&P=R52035
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0203&L=NETWORKER&P=R30937
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0204&L=NETWORKER&D=0&P=34151
https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0403&L=NETWORKER&P=R26079