Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem recovering SQL data across a firewall

2005-06-03 13:01:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem recovering SQL data across a firewall
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 13:00:34 -0400
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, Eric Wagar wrote:

>So, this is the setup:
>W2003 - 192.168.1.x
>Firewall
>W2K - 192.168.2.x
>Sol9/BU - 192.168.3.x
>
>Works:
>Recover to 192.168.3.x net
>
>Doesn't Work:
>W2003 save to Sol9/BU.  Then a recover is started from W2K to Sol9/BU?
>
>How big are the MSSQL files?  What version of Networker (client, server,
>and module)?  Is there some type of firewall between the Sol9/BU and W2K
>servers?

That's very close to the situation. The SQL database that fails is 27GB.
Smaller databases can be recovered successfully across our firewall, just
not this larger db.

In answer to the question about whether or not we did packet sniffing. I
should have said that we did do that. There are some faulty packets, but
no one is sure if that's the fly in this ointment. We also have no port
range limitations between our NetWorker server and any of our subnets.