Networker

Re: [Networker] Staging question...

2005-06-01 17:24:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Staging question...
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 17:18:06 -0400
Hi Ken

Basically, you want to avoid having an advanced file type device fill up;
when it does, backups stop.  They don't crash-and-burn (as happens in other
backup software applications), but they do pause and wait for space to
become available in the AFTD.  I'm not sure why staging didn't start when
you selected 'stage all save sets'.  Maybe the AFTD was in a state where it
was waiting to satisfy the backup request, before beginning the staging
request.  Yep, I know, you can have simultaneous writes (backups) and reads
(restores, clones, stages) from an AFTD.

So, you want to use the parameters you mentioned to start 'draining' backup
savesets from the staging device BEFORE it fills.

Please ask more questions.

Thanks!

Terry Lemons
CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
EMC²
where information lives
4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580