Networker

Re: [Networker] Looking for Networker report that displays

2005-06-01 14:25:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Looking for Networker report that displays
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:22:40 -0700

> I was looking more for a configuration verfication rather than a media
> verification - i.e. I would like to list all of my configured
>
> client  group pool save set volume
>
> settings in a column format.

Those are different types of items, so there's different things about
each to see (do you want to see all groups or only autostart enabled
groups?, all clients or only ones in an enabled group, etc..)

There's no trivial report for this stuff.  All the information is
available via 'nsradmin', but some complex information may require that
you do the parsing yourself..

Fire up nsradmin and try the following items..

show name
print type:nsr client
print type:nsr group
print type:nsr pool

I'm not sure what you mean by 'saveset'.  A saveset is a portion of the
client configuration.  Type 'show' by itself to make the default
attributes of items (like nsr client) visible.  That would show the
savesets that are configured on it.

If you want to see all savesets for a machine, you'd need to look at
every client.  A script can do that pretty quickly.

Volumes aren't in the configuration database, only the media database
(there's no such thing as a configured volume), so you'll still need
'mminfo' to see details of them.