Networker

Re: [Networker] SAN Backup

2005-06-01 06:42:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAN Backup
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:40:49 +0100
Hmmm... Loads of questions... Are you looking to save a considerable
amount on consultant fees?

Without going into too much detail, you can pretty well do what you want
without too much pain.

First off you will need licenses (SAN storage nodes, DDs, etc. your
Legato sales rep should be able to advise)

Use the inquire command on each storage node before running nsrjb on the
Netowrker server. During nsrjb you have the opportunity to add multiple
paths for each drive.

Disk devices can be created the same as you would create a stand alone
drive on a storage node (rd=servername:devicename).

You can control the destination of the data through the backup storage
node and clone storage node options of the client setup.
You can also use pools to keep data separate.

Like I said, not too much detail at this stage. Best advice I can give
is to create a diagram and trace through each connection (will prove
invaluable when it comes to troubleshooting)

Regards
Bob