Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with Staging in 7.2

2005-05-25 19:12:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with Staging in 7.2
From: "Ballinger, John M" <john.ballinger AT PNL DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:10:44 -0700
Preston,

Send me a copy of your brochure too.

We are running 7.0 on Solaris and doing some disk staging using a Legato
staging policy.

I had some simple cloning/staging scripts I used at a remote site to do
a weekly clone of mondays savesets in the past but would be interested
in what you have available.

A couple of problems we have with a storage-node with 6 adv_file
filesystems of ~1.7TB each and 6 corresponding staging policies we
invariably have a filesystem go full which pauses any savestreams going
there and then because we only have 2 tape drives available exclusively
for the staging of oldest savesets back to tape until a lower threshold
of ~70 percent is reached.
I'm going to try going with DDS next so that we share 6 of the 7
tapedrives we have in the library across the NetWorker server and a
storage node to help the staging work more reliably.  I find myself
manually kicking it off.
How does NetWorker decide which adv_file device to go to - will it go
with the most full one or what ?

Thanks - John