Networker

[Networker] RE : [Networker] Netapp R200 for Disk Backup - Any one With Any Experience?

2005-05-24 08:52:26
Subject: [Networker] RE : [Networker] Netapp R200 for Disk Backup - Any one With Any Experience?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 14:50:06 +0200
How are you accessing Netapp devices from your [san/dedicated] storage
nodes/backup server?
I presume ... over the network ... At this stage, it's not the NetApp that's
limitting you but
the network link between. What kind of NIC are you using ? 100FD/1Gbit NIC ?

Max perf of Disk backup must be achieved on local scsi/fc/ata disk, not network
exported ones (CIFS/NFS)

HTH,

TH