Networker

Re: [Networker] Speed of networker backups to disk.

2005-05-24 05:56:33
Subject: Re: [Networker] Speed of networker backups to disk.
From: Rathindra Nath Dhali IT <rdhali AT GRAMEENPHONE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 15:58:56 +0600
In my understanding there won't be any problem for 4 small backups.

The provided data results as: 10 clients send 6 save sets => 10*6=60
save sets are processed at the same time. 10 save sets are processed
concurrently. Others remain in the que. But how much CPU /memory is it
occupying during the backup time? It is a GBIC LAN or using SAN
environment?
CPU, PROCESSOR and also LAN traffics can impact on Backup throughput.
Also SATA

Thanks & best regards

Rathindra Nath Dhali
Deputy Manager