Networker

[Networker] Correct format for Windows Directives

2005-05-20 06:12:30
Subject: [Networker] Correct format for Windows Directives
From: Andrew Watkins <andrew AT DCS.BBK.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:01:44 +0100
Hello,

I have the problem which has been mentioned before about incremental backups
on windows clients increasing in size and becoming full backups.

I see from this list that it due to to sophos or something altering files in
some way so that networker thinks it needs backing up even though the file
shows it has not been modified in months?

I have tried the mtimeasm directive but it did not make a difference last
night but may be my format is incorrect:

=======================================
Name:   NT standard directives
Directive:
                << / >>
                        mtimeasm: .
=======================================

Or do I need to change it to:
=======================================
Name:   NT standard directives
Directive:
                << C:\ >>
                        mtimeasm: .
                << D:\ >>
                        mtimeasm: .
                << E:\ >>
                        mtimeasm: .
                etc....
=======================================

Setup is:
        Solaris Networker 7.x Server and Windows/Solaris Clients.

Thanks

Andrew

Unix Administrator                           tel: 020-7631 6720
Computer Science Department                  fax: 020-7631 6727
Birkbeck College (University of London)
Malet Street
London                                       e-mail: andrew AT dcs.bbk.ac DOT uk
WC1E 7HX                                     http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~andrew