Networker

[Networker] about last releases of networker

2005-05-19 07:04:14
Subject: [Networker] about last releases of networker
From: Gérard Henry <ghenry AT CMI.UNIV-MRS DOT FR>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 13:03:12 +0200
hello,
last years ago, i bought solstice backup 5.1 at edu/research prices. Since 4 months, a mine colleague tried to replace networker with other software (bacula), due to problems with networker.
I'm trying to solve problems, and lobby to buy new release of this soft.
Can people give me some advices?
i want legato run on solaris machine (actually ultra 10, solaris 9 or 10, in the future sun v120). We have LTO2 and hp dds3 jukebox. Actually 3 days are needed to do a full backup, but it's okay because we have sata disks to do fast backup (but without incrementation) Is legato abilty now to do backup on disks, or is it always limited on tapes?

thanks in advance,

gerard