Networker

[Networker] 2005 EMC Technology Summit

2005-05-18 21:18:02
Subject: [Networker] 2005 EMC Technology Summit
From: David Browning <dbrown AT LSUHSC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 21:02:24 -0400
Hello all,

I'm new to the list, as I just found out about it yesterday at the EMC
Technology summit.  You don't know how frustrating it was to hear about
this, as I've been a Legato user since 1998 (version 4).  Many a times I
wish I could have talked to other Networker users.

As for the conference, Legato did not bring a huge presence to the
conference, but at least it's a start.

I'm going to a birds of a feather meeting on Thursday morning, and just
wanted to know if anyone had questions.  We will be meeting with one of
the product managers of Legato - his main area of responsibility is
product usability.   They announced that in fall/winter of 2005, they will
be releasing a basic version of NMC (networker management console) to all
users, with a more advanced version (with additional reporting capability)
at an additional cost.

If you have any questions you would like me to direct to him, please let
me know.  ALso, if you have any comments/concerns about USING the product
(such as too many GUI's / GUI's not the same across OS), please let me
know.

Thanks, and I apologize for the long post.