Networker

[Networker] Tuning of Networker 7.1.2

2005-05-07 09:05:25
Subject: [Networker] Tuning of Networker 7.1.2
From: Osay Osman Yuuni <oyuuni AT IEEE DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 08:43:13 -0400
We're running Networker 7.1.2 at our site with an ADIC Scalar i2000 with 4
LTO II drives.  We have DDS for the four drives and 7 storage nodes.  We
also have a particular requirement to send Full backups of our production
servers offsite daily.   I have therefore configured a Save Group for
Windows, one for HPUX and one for Linux.  The total amount of data backed up
is 1.5TB.  We have a backup windows of just 8 hours.  Normally the backups
should successfully complete in this window.  However I often have backups
running well into the next day.  I have grouped the Windows production
servers into the W2KFull save group which can be backed up by two dedicated
storage nodes.  The HPUX servers are also grouped together and can be backed
up by three dedicated storage nodes.  Some of the W2K server however need to
be backed up through the LAN on the Networker server which is also a
dedicated storage node.  Is there a way to improve the performance to have
all the data backed up in the 8 hour window?

Thank you.