Networker

Re: [Networker] Probe succeeds, save sends nothing !

2005-05-06 08:06:25
Subject: Re: [Networker] Probe succeeds, save sends nothing !
From: Matthew Huff <mhuff AT OX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 08:00:14 -0400
Couple of things:

1) It could be a name resolution issue. Run nslookup on the server. Check the
forward and reverse lookup for both the server and the client. Also, since you
are running Windows, on the server run nbtstat -a and nbtstat -A for both the
client and server. Look for any descrepencies. Then do the same on the client.

2) Check the client resource. Make sure that none of the aliases are setup
wrong. If you can, you might try deleting and re-creating the client (but save
the client ID in case you need to restore).