Networker

Re: [Networker] ibm 3584 vs networker

2005-05-04 15:08:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] ibm 3584 vs networker
From: Mariusz Zieliński <mzielinski AT WP-SA DOT PL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 21:02:26 +0200
Gerardo Gomez napisał(a):
Greetengs,

I am installing an IBM 3584. I have the same problem described in this
entry. I have three module library. In first module I have 5 LTO drives and
in second module other 5 LTO drives. As you descrived, sjirelem and
jbconfig command shows 17 drives, forcing us to define 7 dummy devices for
first module.

Have you ever solve this problem?

No; only workaround.

It is posible configure the IBM 3584 to NOT show those NON existing devices?

No. Static assignment - drives in first module are always DT elements 1 to 10 second module contains DT elements 11-20 and so on ...

C:\>sjirelem [email protected]
Element Data for [email protected], Element Type DATA TRANSPORT:
        Elem[001]: pres_val=1 med_pres=0 med_side=0
[...]
        Elem[017]: pres_val=1 med_pres=0 med_side=0

Non-existing drives have pres_val set to zero so I think that it is networker flaw and not the library problem. Networker lacks flexibility in many areas but as long as it can be corrected "by hand" I don't mind.

I can give you step by step instructions how to clean up configuration a little. (I hope that they will be usefull under windows).

--
Mariusz Zielinski