Networker

Re: [Networker] tape capacity

2005-04-25 13:34:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] tape capacity
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:30:01 -0700

> My jukebox has LTO-2 tape drives in it.  I am trying to figure out why
> some tapes are marked full at 205-207GB and others get up to 400GB
> running the same groups to them.  These are all brand new tapes and
> drives.

Do some of them have more full vs incremental?  I find a pretty good
difference in compressibility between the two.

Usually its either the difference in data compressibility, or you have
some bad tapes being terminated early.  If your low end is 200+, it's
probably all due to compressibility differences.