Networker

Re: [Networker] Backup Exchange and filesystem at same time in same group?

2005-04-20 03:53:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backup Exchange and filesystem at same time in same group?
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:49:46 +0200
Hi,

The way that I approach it is to have 2 clients - call them "filesystem" and
"exchange". With "filesystem" I use a directive to skip the exchange files and
I set it to "all". I set them in 2 different groups but let them run at the
same time.

Remember - with an exchange backup you have a different save command - so you
cannot back it up using one client instance and include you normal filesystem
data as well.

This seems to work the best for me. There are off course other ways of running
manual scripted backups - but this will essentially be the same as running 2
groups ...

Regards,
Riaan