Networker

Re: [Networker] Interminent problem with clone operation Networker 7.1.2/Solaris

2005-04-19 09:30:40
Subject: Re: [Networker] Interminent problem with clone operation Networker 7.1.2/Solaris
From: John Stoffel <John.Stoffel AT TAEC.TOSHIBA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:23:24 -0400
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
04/19/2005 02:58:46 AM:

> I have a very interesting cloning problem in our site here and I wonder
if
> anyone
> has seen something similar.
>
> With networker 7.1.2 on Solaris 9 (Sun 280R), 2 IBM LTO/2 tape drives on
an
> IBM 3584 library through 2GBps SAN fabric I try to manually clone a
number
> of savesets that constitute a full backup.
>
> The content is about 181 savesets totalling to ~ 640GB.
>
> The command is something like:
>
> nsrclone -S `mminfo -r ssid -q '!incomplete,savetime>=last
> sunday,savetime<last monday'`

I wonder if this is the problem, that the output of your mminfo command is
exceeding the limits of your shell to pass in arguements?  Have you tried
re-working the script to generate a list of ssids and to feed them one at
a time to nsrclone instead?  Or in bunches of 10-20 instead of however
many you get now with the mminfo output?

John