Networker

Re: [Networker] Schedules

2005-04-14 09:38:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Schedules
From: Alain Richard <alain.richard AT MRN.GOUV.QC DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 09:32:56 -0400
>I've never worked anywhere where the fulls are less frequent than
>weekly. It amazes me to hear of people doing their fulls only monthly or
>quarterly. These people must need to be paranoid about re-running any
>failures ASAP.

Hum! We do monthly full and I have no problem to sleep. But for doing this
and make sure everything is perfect, we clone all the full and weekly
levels. That way, we are sure there something on the original tape and it
is readable. So if a problem occur on a tape we always have an other copy
of it. I like it that way, I've seen to many place were they are thinking
they do backup but at the end, there were nothing useful or readable on
those tape.