Networker

Re: [Networker] Core Files not skipped by Directives

2005-04-05 16:28:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] Core Files not skipped by Directives
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:32:27 -0400
When you say they're getting backed up, which ones are you referring to?
The ones under the root file system (/) itself or some other file
system? I would think the "+skip" will only skip core files located
anywhere under / but not say /disk2, /home, etc. if these were in fact
separate file systems. Is that the case?

Also, how long is your directive? How many lines do you have? Is this a
server side directive or a client side using .nsr file? I know there
used to be a limitation in how long a server side directive could be. I
don't recall what the limit in total number of characters was, but may
no longer be a problem with more recent releases?

Could also try removing the directive and re-keying. Could be some
hidden jibberish is in there causing mischief. I always use tabs
preceeding the 'skip', but spaces should work. I use spaces on .nsr
files, and they work there.

Also, is there by any chance a .nsr file under / that's overriding this
by including the 'always' uasm or something like that?

George