Networker

Re: [Networker] Duplicate Labels

2005-03-30 08:52:58
Subject: Re: [Networker] Duplicate Labels
From: "Stewart, Kathy" <Kathy.Stewart AT RODALE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:52:23 -0500
Unfortunately, our configuration is a little extreme :o)

We have an EMC Clarion with 2 Win2003 servers attached.  They are
storage nodes as well as my backup server.  They all share the 8 drives
located in the Scalar.  Each server sees the drives differently, so each
drive is listed 3 times in the set up.

I tried to run an inventory, nsrjb -HEvv, hard restart of the Scalar,
rebooted the backup server and they were still not correct.  A jbconfig
was the only option.

This seemed to fix all the issues, including the duplicate barcodes -- I
got all successful backups last night.

I think this all started when a tape got stuck in one of the drives and
I had to replace the drive.

Thanks for all the help, I did get some good ideas from the answers and
will add them to my notebook.

Kathy Stewart
Rodale, Inc.
Emmaus, PA