Networker

Re: [Networker] Support for SDLT 600 drives?

2005-03-18 11:35:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Support for SDLT 600 drives?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:39:26 -0500
Okay, my bust, I was looking at the 6.x document and not the 7.x
document, but in the 7.x document, while I see support (pg. 5) for the
Quantum SDLT 600 drives themselves for Solaris and Linux Red Hat,
including AS 3.0, I do NOT see support for Linux Red Hat for the M1800
with these drives on pg 22, but Solaris is shown. It's as if they just
completely left out Red Hat? Hmmm ...

We'd like to run this library with those drives on a Dell PowerEdge 6650
with LSI dual channel Ultra SCSI card, Linux Red Hat ES 3.0 as a storage
node. Primary server is running Solaris with older version of NetWorker
6.1.1, but we can upgrade to 7.x. Currently, we support an older Quantum
libary with SDLT 1 drives on that same Linux snode with no problems.

Perhaps, though, as another post pointed out, it really comes down to
whether or not Linux will support the drivers for this?

Thanks.

George