Networker

Re: [Networker] name (from nwadmin) of a tape device ?

2005-03-04 07:07:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] name (from nwadmin) of a tape device ?
From: Simon Delicata <sdelicata AT PLANER.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:58:41 +0000
Hi Bill,

I have exactly the same problem, but I have an SDLT320 that does the same.
Did you ever resolve it ?

kind regards

Simon Delicata

             Bill Hewitt
             <bill AT COGSCI DOT ED.A

             C.UK>                                                      To
             Sent by: Legato           NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU

             NetWorker                                                  cc
             discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE                                     Subject
             RV.TEMPLE.EDU>            Re: [Networker] name (from nwadmin)
                                       of a tape device ?

             03/03/2005 12:01

             Please respond to
             Legato NetWorker
                discussion
             <NETWORKER@LISTSE
              RV.TEMPLE.EDU>;
             Please respond to
             bill AT COGSCI.ED DOT AC

                    .UK

>I think he's talking about the location of volumes in an external
>> standalone drive.  Our external DLT and LTO drives always seem to mark
>> the volume they have loaded as being in location "7" and I too have
>> always wondered how to change that.

This is correct, It is the location field that I was talking about. Sorry,
wasn't very acurate with my question! I'm running Solstice Enterprise
Backup
7.1 on a Solaris server if that makes any difference.

When I label a tape in the Ultrium device it shows up as in location 7
(actually ' 7')

bash-2.05$ /usr/sbin/nsr/mmlocate -L
AT Firesafe
L280-1
L280-2

bash-2.05$ /usr/sbin/nsr/mmlocate -l ' 7'
Volume          Location
ATFH.2005.008    7
ATFH.2005.009    7

It's odd that mmlocate -L doesn't know about location ' 7'. The other
unwanted
affect of this is that the location doesn't seem to get cleared, even when
you
unmount the tape via nwadmin, hence the 2 tapes it thinks are in that
location.