Networker

Re: [Networker] firewall ports

2005-03-03 13:22:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] firewall ports
From: Anuj Mediratta <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 23:46:44 +0530
Hi Jon,

7937-9936 is the service ports. You can reduce them by calculating by the
formula -       2+3+2T+P+C where
i.      Where T is the no. of locally attached backup devices
ii.     P is the Server Parallelism.
iii.    C is the max. no. of clients to be backed up at a time.

What I know is you also need to open ports 10001-30000 for smooth
communication. In that case the nsrports command will have -C in place of
-S.

Recently, one of my customers has configured IPsec on Windows thereby
reducing the total port range to 3. I am not aware of the exact procedure.

For UNIX etc., you need to open all the ports. IPsec does not work.

Regards,
Anuj Mediratta
Phone: +919312634262
To know more about our services, do log on to www.ace-data.com