Networker

Re: [Networker] New EMC Celerra - want to backup via NDMP

2005-03-02 13:27:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] New EMC Celerra - want to backup via NDMP
From: Michael Coxe <mcoxe AT OPSWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 10:23:15 -0800
Terry Lemons wrote:
Hi Michael

Without (yet) answering your questions directly, please consider taking a
look at the new features available in NetWorker V7.2.  There are HUGE
changes relating to NDMP, and I think you'll like the additional options
this release will give you.

That doesn't help me today. I asked if something worked a certain way
and your answer is upgrade to 7.2. I just want to know if I can use
NDMP across the LAN to backup an EMC Celerra, or does Celerra require
attached/SAN storage.

Also, According to experiences posted here 7.2 has some serious issues.
I need a stable platform. An upgrade in no light matter - moving from
6.x to 7.x means all the indexes have to be migrated to a new db format.

 - michael