Networker

Re: [Networker] New EMC Celerra - want to backup via NDMP

2005-03-02 09:02:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] New EMC Celerra - want to backup via NDMP
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:00:25 -0500
On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Terry Lemons wrote:

>Hi Michael
>
>Without (yet) answering your questions directly, please consider taking a
>look at the new features available in NetWorker V7.2.  There are HUGE
>changes relating to NDMP, and I think you'll like the additional options
>this release will give you.

This raises a question I have. How does the ability to back up NDMP data
to non-NDMP devices in NetWorker 7.2 work? Will it work with Mirapoint
Message Stores? I have not migrated to NetWorker 7.2. I am still at 7.1.3
and I am reluctant to go to 7.2 until the patches and fixes that are in
7.1.3 are implemented in a 7.2 release, but this new NDMP feature might be
worth my considering migrating to 7.2 sooner.