Networker

Re: [Networker] How to enable a disabled device from commandline

2005-02-25 11:14:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to enable a disabled device from commandline
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:09:54 +0000
Somen Chanda wrote:
Davina,

Thanks for your earlier response and your syntax works fine but it only fails if I have a remote device for example rd=backup1:/dev/nst1 Nsradmin expects the name to be put as follows:
Name: "rd=backup1:/dev/nst1"  it does not like the : between the backup1 and
/dev/nst1. I get the following error

Resource parse error: unterminated value list
      name: rd=backup1:/dev/nst1
                      ^

Could you or anyone help on this. I tried putting name: "$DEV" but it doesn't
seem to help.

Not strictly a NetWorker question, more of a shell syntax question. Anyway here goes:

DEV="rd=mymode:/dev/rmt/0cbn"

echo "print type:NSR device; name: \"$DEV\"" | nsradmin -i -

When you tried it you were quoting inside quotes, so all it did was undo the quoting. The \ forces the " to be taken literally inside the quotes.