Networker

Re: [Networker] "recover: can't get volume info for..."

2005-02-18 18:09:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] "recover: can't get volume info for..."
From: "Brian O'Neill" <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:08:09 -0500
Tim Mooney wrote:
They're supported; they have to be because the NetWare client is only a
v4 client.  Legato is producing a true v7 client for NetWare, but we won't
see it until later in 2005.  My guess is two weeks after my site has moved
all our production NetWare services to Novell's Linux platform.  ;-)

Until all their supported client platforms have v6 or great clients,
Legato is essentially forced to support continuation savesets.

None of this is mentioned in the release notes because Legato didn't even
realize they had broken restores of continuation savesets.  There's
lots of other stuff that *should* have been documented in the release
notes (the special env var for NetWare, the fact that SNAPSHOT.NLM is
no longer supported on NetWare, etc), but there's no way Legato could
have documented this since they didn't realize the problem.

Your best bet is to get the hot fix mentioned in the other thread today
and apply that.

Barring that, you can try find v7.1.2 server (or v7.1.1) and downgrade.
There shouldn't be any issues -- there are no database changes between
7.1.1 and 7.1.3.  I personally have performed the v7.1.3 -> v7.1.2
downgrade, and I know other sites have too.

Looks like the hotfix isn't out for Linux yet if I read the thread correctly, but through trial and error I did manage to find 7.1.2 and downgrade, and sure enough, its working. Of course, it was after I manually got the data using scanner/uasm... :)

Thanks for the help.

-Brian