Networker

Re: [Networker] recreate a client from scratch with a new id

2005-02-10 11:35:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] recreate a client from scratch with a new id
From: Philippe Michel <philippe.michel AT THALES-IS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:33:59 +0100
Hildegard Gerlach a écrit :

I have tried even before deleting the index directory of that client, but the result is always the same. Creating the client again I am not able to force a new id, he always takes the old one (which is somewhere in the media database ?). If I do a backup it seems to work but I can't find the index in the Networker Administrator's indexes tab.

You could delete the old client, then create a dummy client and force it to use the client-id of you old client ; you rename the old client, in fact.
It looks like (I did not try it) this should "free" the old client name.