Networker

Re: [Networker] When will Networker support Solaris 10?

2005-02-08 12:47:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] When will Networker support Solaris 10?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:47:19 +0100
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Paula Ehn wrote:

PE> We've been playing with Solaris 10 here for quite some time but now that
Sun has
PE> officially released it, does anyone know when Legato will officially
support it
PE> and with what versions of Networker?
PE>
PE> I'm presently trying it with Networker Client v7.1.1 and it seems to work
just
PE> fine.

They have been known to be slow to update their compability matrix. But I
wouldn't be too worried. I'm currently running SnapImage on Solaris 9,
even though its not supported, without any other problems than those I
already had before upgrading from Solaris 7. :)

BTW, is there a networker-announce list of some sort, where new product
announcements and patches are announced? And I mean one that is not in
HTML and has actual content. No case studies. No ROI calculations for
diskxtender and no sales crap whatsoever? :) My guess would be no.

//Oscar