Networker

Re: [Networker] Calling all Alphastor users

2005-02-06 17:46:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Calling all Alphastor users
From: Siobhan Ellis <Siobhan.Ellis AT ENSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:28:30 +1100
I've just come out of Legato EMC (DEc 17th 2004) AlphaStor is NOT NetWorker
V8. Just wanted to clear that up.

Siobhan

>>>tkimball AT BRASS DOT COM 02/04/05 9:33 pm >>>
I've cc-d this back to the list, since the hotfix list is included.

Well, we started with no AS at all, which was a lot easier - sort of.
We still had to upgrade the Networker Server to Solaris 8 (It was
2.6), then Sun EBS 7.1.2 (We use Sun's rebranded version, so our
upgrade path is restricted).  _Then_ AS could be installed.

Note that if you're talking about a Solaris NW server, Solaris 8 is
required (or at least it was in our case, due to other software
involved).  That should be done before NW or AS.  As to the order of
which of those should be upgraded first, you'll need to consult with
Legato.

I'm not certain what the differences are to 7.1.3, have not seen a Sun
patch for it yet.  Personally I had enough problems as it was, so not
likely going to upgrade Networker at all unless its to remove
AlphaStor in the process (aka Networker version 8).

So far 7.2 and 7.1.3 are making me uncomfortable from recent posts
(though the fanciest thing I backup today is MS SQL Server, or Lotus
Notes).  Stick to 7.1.2 unless you desperately need something from the
other two, and the new version is on the AS Compatibility Guide.

As for the hotfixes, this is the list (Be Warned, you should check
with Legato first before going near these - tech had me install them
sort of 'sight unseen' since it was a new site):

LGTpa65581, LGTpa66435, LGTpa66827, LGTpa67080

--TSK

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Botham, Anthony (AFM) wrote:

>I'm planning an upgrade soon from NSR 6.1.3_AS to 7.1.2 and AS 3.0
>SR1 to SR2. Would you be able to send me a list of the hot fixes you
>needed for AS.
>
>I also looked at upgrading to 7.1.3 but it's not on the support
>matrix and EMC Legato couldn't tell me if 7.1.3 worked with AS 3.0
>SR2. Did you have any experience with this ?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Anthony

 [snip for brevity]

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify SunGard Trading Systems immediately
at (201) 499-5900 and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a signoff networker command via email