Networker

[Networker] nsradmin foo needed

2005-02-01 16:20:44
Subject: [Networker] nsradmin foo needed
From: Jason Koelker <jkoelker AT RACKSPACE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 15:17:58 -0600
Hello all,

I am working on a python library to interact with networker through
nsradmin to alleviate some of the mundane setup of mass clients.

I am running into an issue where I need to return a client's attributes
but another client attributes are also returned.  For example, if I want
the attributes for 'database.example.com' and there is also a
'sampledatabase.example.com' client configured, nsradmin returns both
entries.  At this point in the library, I only know the client's name,
and possibly other attributes.  Obviously if I do know other attributes,
then adding them into the command will narrow down the playing field.

Is there any way to turn on strict name matching for those cases when I
only know the client name?

Thanks

Jason Koelker
Rackspace Managed Backup