Networker

[Networker] Corrupted index

2005-01-25 10:44:47
Subject: [Networker] Corrupted index
From: Paula Ehn <pehn AT cc.umanitoba DOT ca>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:37:23 -0600
One of our client indexes seems to have corrupted itself or at least truncated
itself. This client is a Sybase server using the Networker Module for Sybase.
When I look in the nwadmin GUI at either
Clients -> Indexes or
Save set -> Recover

I see only 3 DB's listed out of about 100 and no filesystems at all.

We back up the indexes of all our clients full every night and I can see that
the index for this client went from 42 MB on Jan 14/05 to 135 KB on Jan 15/05.
It's remained small ever since and is only updating the index for the 3 DB's it
still lists.

I tried stopping Networker, renaming the index, re-starting Networker and
restoring the 42 MB index (nsrck -L7) from Jan14/05 but the end result is the
same 3 DB's only.

Using the mminfo command, I can see that the media entries for this client are
correct and it lists all DB's and filesystems for this client not just the 3 in
the index. They are not expired and the browse and retention of one month is
set
correctly.

I then thought it was a space issue but this index resides on a filesystem that
is only using 27% of it's 16GB disk.

We also have a second Sybase server with the exact same configuration that has
perfectly normal index showing all DB's and filesystems.

Server: Networker server and client v7.1.1 on Solaris 9
Client: Networker client v7.1.1, Networker Module for Sybase v2.5 on Solaris 8

I have opened a case with legato but any help would be appriciated.

Thanks!
Paula
| Paula Ehn  VE4MHZ/VE4HZ                    Room 624 Eng.        |
| Unix System Administrator                  pehn AT cc.umanitoba DOT ca |
| Academic Computing and Networking          (204)474-7849        |
| University of Manitoba                     Fax: (204) 474-7920  |