Networker

Re: [Networker] Rsh from nt to solaris

2005-01-20 14:04:27
Subject: Re: [Networker] Rsh from nt to solaris
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:03:43 -0800
> Hello I need to be able to run savegrp on my networker server from a NT
> Client as root.  I am trying to kick off a savegrp from Netapps
> snapmanager for exchange product.  Legato 7.1.1 Solaris 8/NT 2000
> (client)

There used to be rsh clients, but it would probably be easier to install
putty/plink/pagent on the windows box and use ssh.  It can be scripted,
and it can be restricted to running a particular command (like firing
off the savegrp or a script to have 'nsradmin' kick it off).

Another way to do it is to authorize an account on the NT box to have
privliges on the master server.  Then it could run 'nsradmin -s master'
and kick off the group.