Networker

[Networker] Backup of NSF/NTF (Domino) files without using LNLM?

2005-01-20 06:01:41
Subject: [Networker] Backup of NSF/NTF (Domino) files without using LNLM?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:54:57 +0100
Hello,

I have a Domino server (Windows 2000) where I don't have a license for using
LNLM so I need to backup it using the normal Legato client.

The problem is that the Lotus modifies in somme manner the files so an
incremental/level backup is always like a full backup because every file in
the server has changed.

For example, for a file I get the following properties from the OS:

Created  -> 14/01/2005, 11:22:36
Modified -> 20/01/2005, 11:19:56
Accessed -> 20/01/2005, 11:19:56

If I get the properties using Notes I get:

Created         -> 14/01/2005, 11:22:36
Modified        -> 14/01/2005, 11:19:56
Data Modified   -> 14/01/2005, 11:38:10
Design Modified -> 14/01/2005, 11:22:40

As Legato only does the backup at file level it is always changed. But, the
question is if there is some other method to do this kind of backup? Some
like this:

        - Legato says the date/time of the last backup (yesterday)
        - An script gets the "data modified" information for the databases
        - This scripts gives to Legato only the databases that are modified
after the last backup
        - Legato does a backup only of these databases

Is this process possible? (of course, I suppose I could write an script to
get the "data information" for the databases).

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much!

--

o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
o o o  Helpdesk Manager               | Campus Nord - Modul B6

       manel AT fib.upc DOT edu              | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
       http://www.fib.upc.edu/~manel  | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040