Networker

[Networker] STK L700e drive issue

2005-01-18 13:20:50
Subject: [Networker] STK L700e drive issue
From: "Neild, Jim" <Jim.Neild AT SSHA.ON DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:21:45 -0500
I have a couple of L700e libraries with 3.07 firmware and Seagate LT01
Viper drives.  I periodically get the log entries below in my FSC log
after NetWorker, via AlphaStor, have requested an unmount.  NetWorker
thinks the unmount and eject succeeded, AS thinks it just errored out
and the tape stays stuck in the drive with a status of LOADED BUSY.
Anyone else ever get this?

LOG ENTRY

FSC 0x3e1f  Mechanism DRIVE_04_00  Severity Warning

DRV Wait for Rewind Failed - Drive rewind did not complete when
expected.

DRV Wait for Rewind Failed - Drive rewind did not complete when
expected.

Cheers,
Jim