Networker

Re: [Networker] mminfo doesn't show everything?

2005-01-18 13:19:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] mminfo doesn't show everything?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:12:46 -0800
> However, if I re-run the command like this: mminfo -s orion -q
> 'name=path,savetime>=01/13/05'
> then I see the output for the clone from 01/13/05, and the one from
> 01/14/05. If I then re-run it with 01/14/05 then I see the one from
> 01/14/05 and the one from 01/17/05.
>
> Next, if I run something like any of the following:
>
> mminfo -s server -q 'name=path,pool=clone_pool_name,savetime>=01/12/05'
> mminfo -s server -q 'name=path' | grep clone_pool_name
>
> then I see all the clone savesets as expected, but if I run:
>
> mminfo -s server -q 'name=path,client=client_name' | grep
> clone_pool_name
>
> then the the most recent one is from 01/12/05. Don't see anything later?
> Very strange. What's up with this? Is this yet more Legato weirdness?

That one in particular I haven't seen, but 'mminfo' wierdness has been
reported several times in the past.  It shouldn't matter here due to the
use of '-q', but I almost always recommend tacking on a '-av' to the
command.  It helps in many cases.

> Oh, running 6.1.1.

Probably not worth filing a bug report against that version.  They'd
just tell you to upgrade.  I can't easily test if anything similar still
befalls later versions.