Networker

[Networker] Legato Networker Recovery of Xtended Disk

2005-01-17 05:49:16
Subject: [Networker] Legato Networker Recovery of Xtended Disk
From: "Kilpatrick, Mark" <mark.kilpatrick AT SABEO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:42:04 -0000
Hi, have any of you ever had any problems recovering data to a
DiskXtender Xtended disk using Legato Networker User. Has anyone
successfully recovered an Xtended disk where the total size of all files
is greater than the working area of the harddisk.

We have a requirement to replace a harddisk / xtended disk on a
DiskXtender Server running version 5.40 on Windows 2000 service pack 4.
After replacing the hard disk and using the DiskXtender Wizard to change
the serial number of the xtended drive to match the new serial number,
we have an issue when restoring the file stubbs using legato networker
7.2.

When restoring the file stubbs (approx 250,000 files) the size of data
on the xtended disk shows as the real size of all the files rather than
the size of the file stubbs. The drive eventually fills up and the
restore fails as windows thinks drive is full. Our harddisk is 133gb and
we have approx 500gb of purged files on one disk and 4TB on the

second disk. The total size of the backup of all file stubbs is approx
600mb on each of the disks. The restore is definitely only restoring
stubbs - not real data.

Thanks, Mark

Sabeo Technologies.

presence of computer viruses.