Networker

Re: [Networker] Filedevice busy during staging

2005-01-08 06:20:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Filedevice busy during staging
From: thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 06:20:03 -0500
Hi,

Well, you have not a lot of possibilities to by-pass that problem. The
only possible way is, Adv File licensing being now based on total AdvFile
volume size and not per adv file size anymore, to increase the amount of
adv-files devices. Doing so, you will be able to faster stage. Tuning down
Per SDLT's target session to 1, you will be able to use all of your tape
devices at a time to stage.

Up to now, there are no other alternate ways.

With above sample, in case of an urgent recover, you can interrupt only 1
staging, process the recover and restart interrupted staging than just
preventing next backups to run because of lack of adv-file space and
snowball effect it may cause.

HTH,

Thierry