Networker

Re: [Networker] To many open files

2005-01-06 17:40:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] To many open files
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 10:12:12 +0000
Andrew Harkin wrote:
This parameter is changed in /etc/system on a sun 2.8 box, which then
requires a reboot to apply it.  In my experience, I've generally had to bump
some of those default system parameters up in Solaris, as any number of
programs I've worked with seem to run into those and similar issues.

The problem is not on the system running NetWorker, but on Legato's
build system, where NetWorker was compiled. So this won't help, although
you would think it should.