Networker

Re: [Networker] Can NetWorker send a page as a notify?

2005-01-05 10:02:18
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can NetWorker send a page as a notify?
From: Steve Rader <rader AT GINSENG.HEP.WISC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 09:01:28 -0600
Qpage could, ah, be thought of as a commercial product:
there's $10/month option. (I assume Exxon can afford that.)

Once you've got qpage up and intregated with sendmail ,
then have NetWorker notifications emailed to an alias that'll
send the email and send page(s).

I've used that setup for pages for tape mount requests and
device disabled notifications for years.

I also have scripts for amount of free tape space and
number/size of backups since, eg, 2300 last night.  They are
Nagios plugins, but could easily be, ah, (re)written from
scratch as in-house point-solution monitoring thingies.

steve
- - -
systems & network guy
high energy physics