Networker

Re: [Networker] General sun HW performance question

2005-01-04 12:32:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] General sun HW performance question
From: Robert Maiello <robert.maiello AT PFIZER DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:31:50 -0500
The 440 has 2 internal gigabit adapters (ce's).

You might be hitting a Sun design issue?  To drive one ce to 900mbit/s their
blueprint says one needs several UltraSparcIII CPUs:

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0203/817-1657.pdf

See this article for some tuning that is possible;
http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0404/817-6925.pdf

Solaris 9 was suppose to have very good TCP/IP CPU utilization though?

Robert Maiello
Pioneer Data Systems