Networker

Re: [Networker] Any clues about why this tape expired?

2004-11-27 06:07:06
Subject: Re: [Networker] Any clues about why this tape expired?
From: "Faidherbe, Thierry" <thierry.faidherbe AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:06:02 +0100
Hi Manel,

Well, It can be done quite easily :

First, take your backup without the indexes scheduling
"savegrp [-c client [-c client]] -I <group name>"
or
"savegrp -I <group name>"

At this stage, you will backup the data from the client(s)
based on each client's schedule and policies. It can
also be done from GUI by marking "NO SAVE INDEX" flag.

Once done, schedule an
"savegrp [-c client ] -w browse -y retention [-l full] -O <group>"
or
"savegrp -w browse -y retention [-l full] -O <group name>"

At this stage, you will only backup the client file index of
each clients in the group and you will overwrite client's
browse and retention period with 1 year, for sample.
This cannot be done from GUI, "NO SAVE" flag begin automatically
unchecked after each complete savegrp run.
You can also generate a full index backup by adding "-l full"
in the above second sample set of savegrp cmds, maybe easier
for recovery.

HTH,

TH

Kind regards - Bien cordialement - Vriendelijke groeten,

Thierry FAIDHERBE

HP Services - Storage Division
Tru64 Unix and Legato Enterprise Backup Solutions Consultant

 *********       *********   HEWLETT - PACKARD
 *******    h      *******   1 Rue de l'aeronef/Luchtschipstraat
 ******    h        ******   1140 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 *****    hhhh  pppp *****
 *****   h  h  p  p  *****   100/102 Blv de la Woluwe/Woluwedal
 *****  h  h  pppp   *****   1200 Bruxelles/Brussel/Brussels
 ******      p      ******   BELGIUM
 *******    p      *******
 *********       *********   Phone :    +32 (0)2  / 729.85.42
                             Mobile :   +32 (0)498/  94.60.85
                             Fax :      +32 (0)2  / 729.88.30
     I  N  V  E  N  T        Email/MSN : thierry.faidherbe AT hp DOT com
                             Internet  : http://www.hp.com/

MOBISTAR SA/NV

CSO/CTO/CEO/SSD/SBI
SYSTEM Team Charleroi, Mermoz 2 Phone : +32 (0)2  / 745.75.81
Avenue Jean Mermoz, 32          Fax :   +32 (0)2  / 745.89.56
6041 GOSSELIES                  Email : tfhaidhe AT mail.mobistar DOT be
BELGIUM                         Web :   http://www.mobistar.be/