Networker

Re: [Networker] Access is denied after upgrade to 7.1.2

2004-11-11 17:29:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Access is denied after upgrade to 7.1.2
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 22:07:02 +0000
Davina Treiber wrote:
It
doesn't take a genius to figure out  a couple of ways for a NetWorker
administrator to compromise both the NetWorker server and your clients.

I read this back and realised that it might convey the wrong impression.
I'm not saying that NetWorker is insecure, what I'm saying is that
backup products in general are powerful, by its nature a product that
allows you to copy files from a machine and restore files to a machine
is powerful and you should not allow access to such a product to anyone
who might not be trustworthy.