Networker

[Networker] Parallelism - configuration or bug?

2004-10-26 11:08:48
Subject: [Networker] Parallelism - configuration or bug?
From: "Clark, Patricia" <Clarkp AT OSTI DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:07:45 -0400
I've combed the archives on this issue without much success on a possible
resolution.  I have a full backup currently in progress with 2 clients.
Each client has multiple save sets pending, yet each client has only 1 save
set in process, both on the same tape drive.  My 2nd tape drive sits idle.
Why?

Info:
Server: Solaris 9 - fully patched
Client1: Solaris 8
Client2: Solaris 7
Networker 7.1.2 on server and clients
Server parallelism: 12
Both clients parallelism: 6
Quantum M2500 JB - 2 LTO-2 tape drives
Target sessions on both tape drives: 4

I've been using these settings for 3 months and have seen multiple sessions
execute in parallel as documented.  Today, this is not happening.  At the
rate that this backup is processing, it will take days instead of hours.
Ideas?  Suggestions?

Patti Clark
Unix System Administrator
Office of Scientific and Technical Information